P 02 6924 1633
F 02 6924 2451
21 Lisgar Street
Junee NSW 2663

About Us

JJS Glass & Co opened for business on the 12th June 1933 in Seignior Street Junee.

The founder was John Joseph Smythe Glass (Jack Glass) (1913 – 1967), who commenced the business in the era of the great depression in an old galvanized iron building. His father Charlie (C.S. Glass) from Marrar tried to discourage him from starting business because he was only 20 years old in the middle of the great depression and he felt the economic circumstances were heavily weighed against him.

Jack moved from Marrar, where his father had a blacksmith and fuel business, to setup JJS Glass & Co and in the beginning he had only two agencies, Atlantic Union Oil Co (later to become Esso, then Mobil) and McCormack Deering (later International Harvester Co).

A new premises was built at 21 Lisgar Street, Junee (our current location) in 1936 for a cost of £630 with the builders being Black & Pickles. (Photo above is Jack Glass on left with Stan Anderson from International Harvester Co)

Jack’s son John joined the business in 1960 and then his other son Michael joined it in 1967. Over the years the business expanded into more farm machinery including being major Jetstream dealers. Today the main machinery dealerships are Goldacres, John Shearer, Horwood Bagshaw, Vennings, Honda, Husqvarna and GPS Ag.

The business, with its various dealerships, has sold hundreds of tractors, trucks, boom sprays, combines, headers, seed & super bins, small engines & augers to the district.

Over the years the business gradually branched into rural merchandise to then join CRT over 30 years ago. Today this is a large part of the business with farm chemicals and animal health being two of the larger sectors.

Hardware sales have also grown over the years and in 1997 we joined the Mitre 10 group as True Value Hardware member.

JJS Glass & Co is now owned and a part of the Riverina Co-op, situated in the town of Wagga Wagga. Riverina Co-op purchased JJS Glass & Co in 2015.